Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hump Day...


It is the middle of our last week. Some of us started our service project last night. I have decided to paint the basketball court. Now this sounds easy....or maybe it just sounded easy to me. WHEW! It took us two hours just to sweep it off. It is outside and covered in beach sand. We had to sweep it to get the paint to stick. The kids are so excited about it though. I think it is going to look really good. As soon as I get pictures of it from someone else I will post them.

By the way, Happy Earth Day! We are taking the fourth form class out to clean the school yards today. We were going to do a beach sweep but we didnt get permission in time. Cleaning the school grounds is a good idea though. There is a lot of trash around. Dogs and racoons get into the cans at night and spill it everywhere and you know kids, they throw trash everyhwere. I hope that you guys all do something today to celebrate or at least got to go to Hugh McRae park this weekend! I am so upset that I was not there for that, we go every year! But hey, that is the price you pay for spending 6 beautiful weeks in Belize. Next year I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment