Friday, March 20, 2009

Sub umbra floreo!


Well we are getting nice and settled in. We met with the high school staff yesterday and the entire student body! Little did we know that all 400 of the students were called into assembly to meet us. It was crazy! They all seemed excited, especially with Will the English teacher! The girls were screaming when he got up there (I swear it was like a backstreet boy stepped on stage. I will post the video, we have footage ;) They must love the gringo teacher! The school is small, only 13 class rooms and maybe 20 teachers. We met again today and are getting set up for Monday. We ate out last night and are experiencing the Belizean cuisine! The teachers shared their lunch with us yesterday, cow foot soup! It was good but I didn't try the tripe in it (shame on me!). I tried watermelon juice yesterday though, delicious! It is raining today so we are taking it easy around Pedro's. The Belizean motto is holding out to be true... sub umbra floreo which means "under the shade we flourish"! It is HOT here. But I am loving it. Tomorrow, snorkeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment